App Distribution

Application Distribution


At high level application lifecycle includes development, submission, certification, publishing, purchase and deployment steps.



During the development phase application testing on a Developer Kit requires application whitelisting that will enable app to connect to 3rd party cloud services. 
Whitelisting of an app takes place by documenting the URLs the application uses to connect to external services in the App Submission Form in the Developer Central. The Developer Central will use this information to configure the sandbox environment in the Entitlement Services to allow the application running on a DevKit device to access external services. Entitlement Services uses the app ID and version to map whitelisted URLs to the connection requests coming from the test terminals. Application Whitelisting for the DevKit takes place when the draft app submission form is saved in the Developer Central. New app submission form is created in the Apps view by pressing the Create Commerce Apps button. 

After application is tested, developer can complete filling the application submission form and submit application to be reviewed. While submitting the app, it is automatically whitelisted for the production Entitlement Services, for the payment devices merchants are using.

Applications developers submit to Verifone are subject to a manual review by two separate Verifone reviewers. Both reviewers conduct the complete review; it is not split between the two of them. After both reviews pass, application is published in the Marketplace.

App distribution model is limited to the USA and UK in the first release. More countries to be added in the coming releases. Developer defines the app distribution by selecting appropriate countries in the app submission form.

After merchants buy the applications in the Marketplace, application deployment is automated via Terminal Mgmt System. Verifone's TMS is called as Estate Owner portal.


Monetize Apps

 
​Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. We’re connecting payment devices to the cloud—merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers. We are built on a 35-year history of uncompromised security with over 30 million devices and terminals deployed worldwide. Our people are trusted experts who work with our clients and partners, helping them solve their most complex payments challenges. We have clients and partners all over the globe, in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions and payment providers

Verifone market penetration offers developers business opportunities by monetizing their applications. Maximum reach will be achieved by implementing Customer Engagement Apps that can be installed on all Commerce Apps enabled devices. For Android application developers the new Carbon family devices create opportunities to implement new, or integrate existing Business Management Apps to be available for Verifone's customers.  

Marketplace supports application monetization. Application pricing can be based on one-time fee, subscription fee or free apps. In case of free apps developer will pay a placement fee for publishing the app in the Marketplace. In all pricing models Verifone guarantees that developers will get 70% of the revenue the app generates. Remaining 30% Verifone may share with partners involved in the deployed solution.