How to start | Carbon-10 Device Specs | P400 Device Specs
How to start
1. Install the Commerce Applications SDK
2. Order a Developer Kit to test your application on a device. We now offer two Developer Kit Devices - Carbon-10 and P400.
Commerce Applications SDK
Verifone Commerce Application SDK can be run on a PC with a Windows 7, 8, or 10, or on MacOS 10.9. The SDK is a plugin for the Android Studio IDE.
The Commerce Applications SDK includes a simulator that can be used for testing both the Terminal Commerce as well Android and Android Commerce applications. Instructions for using the simulator can be found under the title Develop in the Developer Central.
If you have not yet installed the SDK, please visit the Download the SDK page.
With Developer Kit one can complete end-to-end testing in a real device, using the safe Entitlement Services Sandbox environment for external connections. One can simulate payment actions without making real payments by using debit and credit cards, as well NFC-based mobile payment solutions.
Applications under testing can be side loaded into the Development Kit, or installed over the internet. However, production-signed applications from the Marketplace cannot be installed on a Development Kit.
One needs to side load test signed application packages. In the Commerce Applications SDK term, a Test Package is used for exporting app packages that can be installed on a Developer Kit.
Available Developer Kits
The kit includes a Verifone Carbon 10, stand, paper roll, power supply, and Ethernet cable.
- Merchant tablet: Intel Quad Core 1.8 GHz
- Consumer display: 600 MHz, Cortex A9 32-bit RISC processor, 1500 MIPS + graphic accelerator
- Merchant display: 10.1" 1280×800, GG3
- Consumer display: 5" 854×480 Corning® Gorilla® Glass technology
- Merchant tablet: Android (Lollipop 5.1- SDK version:22)
- Consumer display: V/OS
- Merchant tablet: Bluetooth 4.0 BLE, WiFi
- Base: Bluetooth 4.0 BLE, WiFi, 4 USB ports, RJ45 Ethernet, Micro-USB
- Front-facing 2MP camera for 1D barcode scanning
- Rear-facing 5MP camera for 1D and 2D barcode scanning
- Thermal, 80mm paper roll
- Battery: 7920 mAh
The kit includes a Verifone P400, power charger and a test payment card.
- 600MHz, Cortex A9 32-bit RISC processor, 1500 MIPS
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass technology | 3.5” HVGA (320 × 480) color LCD
Payment Acceptance Types
- RS-232, USB client, Bluetooth 4.2 BLE (optional), Ethernet, USB host, WiFi (optional)